2021 Satori Summer Music Festival
Grand Prize Guideline: Important information and COVID-19 guidelines
Congratulations to all participants of the Satori Summer Music Festival for their excellent performances! Participants who have been accepted for the festival’s Grand Prize performances should follow the guidelines below on the day of your performance. Festival staff kindly request that Grand Prize contestants adhere to these guidelines to ensure the health and safety of participants, staff, and members of the public. These guidelines are tailored to meet standards set by the Centers for Disease Control (“CDC”) and by Azusa Pacific University (“APU”), which has graciously allowed the festival to use Munson Hall. Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in immediate disqualification from the Grand Prize competition.
General COVID-19 preventative measures
- While indoors, masks are required for all persons, vaccinated and unvaccinated. This includes all areas within Munson Hall. While outdoors, masking is voluntary, but strongly recommended in crowded places.
Arriving at Munson Hall
- The Grand Prize program will be posted before September 10th, 2021. The program will contain each contestant’s Grand Prize entry number and time slot. Please watch for this announcement.
- Performers should arrive 15 minutes before their assigned time. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and call (323)577-3713 to check in. Have your performer’s name, entry number, and category ready for check in. Remain in or near your vehicle and watch your phone for a call or text from festival staff.
- While you are waiting, please prepare your instrument in your vehicle and make sure you are ready to perform. Leave all instrument cases in your vehicle.
- Performers are not permitted to practice their instruments in or around the courtyard. Please warm up at home and be ready to play when you arrive.
- Performers, accompanists, and 1 family member will be allowed into Munson Hall during the Grand Prize Competition. No additional persons will be permitted to enter the building.
- Other family members may remain in the parking lot or in the courtyard. Family members waiting in the courtyard must wear a mask. Family members waiting in the parking lot may choose not to wear a mask, but it is strongly encouraged that they wear a mask if they are near other people. Family members MUST NOT wait in the Munson lobby.
- Performances will take place without an audience. The judges, performers, accompanists, and one family member are permitted to be in the performance room.
- Performers may choose to perform pieces they prepared for the main festival or other repertoire.
- Performances are limited to 5 minutes per person. Please make appropriate cuts to longer pieces to fit this time limit. No music beyond the 5-minute mark will be considered in the final adjudication.
- Performers must bring their own sheet music and provide a copy to the judges when they enter the performance room.
- At the conclusion of each performance, contestants must leave immediately to allow the next group of contestants to perform.
After the performance
- Results of the Grand Prize competition will be announced online. Winners should contact AMAC Violins by phone at (626) 446-0808 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss trophy pickup.
Festival staff thanks all performers and their families in advance for complying with these guidelines. The festival also thanks APU for allowing us use of Munson Hall.
If you have question or concerns
You can contact us at:
Address: 67 E. Floral Ave., Arcadia, CA 91006
Tel: (626) 446–4638