The 17th Satori Summer Music Festival and 5th Satori Young Pianist Contest will be taking place virtually this year due to the COVID 19 global health crisis. The health and safety of all students, parents, and festival staff is of the highest priority. We are working hard to ensure the event can still take place this year in compliance with social distancing protocols issued by Los Angeles County
How to participate
Contestants interested in joining the online Satori Summer Music Festival can record their performance(s) and post them to the online public platform of their choice (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc.).
On the registration form, please include a link to your performance on any of the above-mentioned platforms. Please make sure the link is working and sharing settings allow anyone with the link to access the file. Any registration forms that do not include a link to a performance will not be processed. Please see our Guideline here for more detail
The submission and registration will start on July 12, 2020.
All Entry Qualified, Junior Qualified, and Qualified category entries have to submitted before July 27.
Open and Prodigy Category entries must be submitted before August 3.
- Each performance will be evaluated by two judges
- Evaluation rubric categories:
- Overall combination
- Judges will write down their opinions or suggestions on their respective comment sheets and indicate whether a contestant has received a recommendation for the Grand Prize Contest.
- Contestants may only compete in the Grand Prize Contest by invitation. Judges will issue invitations at their own discretion after the panel deliberates.
Detail Info. and Guideline
- Video Requirement & Recording Cover Page
- Registration and Evaluation Process.
- Grand Prize information.